.

Almost Finished!

After all this time, I can see the finish line and I’m frigging excited!

Last night we reviewed for the Final and Monday night is the test. After that, I need 230 practicum hours and I’m done! Woohoo!

Speaking of, you wouldn’t know of anyone hiring at this time, would you? I need to jump start my mechanic’s career ASAP. Don’t get me wrong, I’m definitely willing to work on your bike or scooter (moped) just give me a call or drop me a line.

Here’s a few updates:

I took down the pinup girl I had up because I found out she was copyrighted – BUMMER, right? Well, I have someone working on replacing the image. Soon, hopefully.

The 1989 Virago 1100 is coming along nicely. Frank (another student and someone I consider a friend) and I have teamed up to get this thing up and running so the owner can enjoy her.

We troubleshot and repaired the electrical last night. The headlight and instrument panel wouldn’t come on. Turned out to be a faulty starter switch. Yes, starter switch. Apparently Yamaha ran the power for the headlight and panel through the starter switch. ARG!!!

Tires (both front and back) and fork seals and oil were replaced. Next semester for our practicum, we’re going to tackle the carbs. The gas smells nasty and she’s been sitting for over a year. Hopefully very soon, we’ll get her done, out of the shop and onto the road where she belongs.

Oh yeah! Remember that Honda Ruckus I repaired? The one night I missed class the owner brought in a huge tray of cookies, as a token of his esteem, and the guys didn’t save me a single crumb. Jerks! LOL

Until next time,
MCM :0)
.